Problem Statement: We are currently cleaning up our report folders. In order to do so we want to move all unused reports into a ‘quarantene map’ before deleting them. How can we move a large number of reports all at once into one folder? i.e.,
In the Eclipse IDE
- Create a new project
- Include ‘reports’ or more specifically the report folders you are concerned with
- Let Eclipse refresh the project with the reports metadata
- In Eclipse, navigate to the reports folder you just download and then select the Report Folder you want the reports you want to move from, right click and select Properties
- Take Note of the Location. This is the path where the metadata files are located
- Open a windows explorer window and navigate to that path
- Highlight all the Reports you want to move and right click Cut
- Still in the Window explorer navigate back to the list of report folder and expand the one you want to move the reports to and right click and Paste
- Now back in the IDE highlight the folder titled Reports and right click and Refresh and then right click again and Force.com>Save to Server
- BOOM! Now you have moved your reports.
- Another alternative would be to edit each report folder on the Report page and move unused reports to the Unfiled Public Reports folder. You can then move all the reports in your Unfiled Public Reports folder to a new “quarantine” folder. Yeah I know, still a lot of manual effort.
- A appexchange product, DashPort, allows you to mass move and delete reports and dashboards. You can check out AppExchange listing for more details: http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000019lulEAA