Capping literally years of speculation on perhaps the most intensely followed unconfirmed product in Apple’s history — and that’s saying a lot — the iPhone has been announced today (9 Jan 2007)
Yeah, we said it: “iPhone,” the name the entire free world had all but unanimously christened it from the time it’d been nothing more than a twinkle in Stevie J’s eye (comments, Cisco?).
- 11.6 millimeter device.
- 3.5-inch 480 x 320 touchscreen display with multi-touch support
- Proximity sensor to turn off the screen when it’s close to your face
- 2 megapixel cam
- 4GB or 8 GB of storage
- Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR and A2DP
- WiFi that automatically engages when in range
- Quad-band GSM radio with EDGE
- Runs OS X with support for Widgets, Google Maps, and Safari, and iTunes
- Partnership with Yahoo will allow all iPhone customers to hook up with free push IMAP email
- 5 hours of battery life for talk or video with a full 16 hours in music mode
The 4GB iPhone will go out the door in the US as a Cingular exclusive for $499 on a two-year contract, 8GB for $599. Ships Stateside in June, Europe in fourth quarter, Asia in 2008.
View Complete Image Gallery of iPhone @ EnGadget
More Detail @ Apple iPhone Section
View iPhone Gallery @Â Gizmodo