Ack:- TATA Power
1. Shift usage away from the 10 am â€” 8 pm peak time and avoid adding to the load.
2. Switch on AC an hour after starting work and switch off an hour before the day ends.
3. Run all ACs at 24 degrees Celsius.
One of the biggest drains on power supply is ACâ€™s set at â€˜chillingâ€™ temperatures rather than a â€˜comfortableâ€™ level. Ensuring that ACâ€™s operate at a â€˜comfortableâ€™ 24 degrees Celsius at all times will go a long way. The ACs use 3 to 5 percent less energy for each degree less when set at levels above 22 degrees. Set the thermostat of your AC at 24 degrees Celsius to provide comfort at the least cost.
4. Switch off from the plug switch.
We can save an unbelievable 5% of Mumbaiâ€™s power if we switch off from plug points! For example, mobile chargers left on when not in use. Switching them off will save considerable amount of power. So, letâ€™s always switch off our ACs, TVs, DVDs, mobile chargers, etc from the plug point.
5. Set computers to ‘sleep’ and ‘hibernate’ modes when not in use
The â€œsleep modeâ€ feature on your computer enables it to use less power during periods of inactivity. Also configure your computer to “hibernate” automatically after 30 minutes or so of inactivity. The “hibernate mode” turns the computer off in a way that doesn’t require you to reload everything when you switch it back on. It saves energy and is more time-efficient than shutting down and restarting your computer from scratch.
6. Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) in your homes and premises to save up to 75% of electricity.